Select Page

Death Stranding is a well-known and excellent video game that you may have already heard of. Also, its Director’s Cut arrived earlier this year too.

Despite the fact that Hideo Kojima has been working on the new project for some time now, there hasn’t been much of a hint as to what it will be. After actor Norman Reedus said in an interview that he is working on a second Death Stranding, it appears that we know more.

In an interview with Leo,  Norman Reedus appears to indicate that the sequel to Death Stranding, which was released in 2019, has just begun production. An extensive interview with actor Andrew Lincoln, in which he discusses his work with video game director Hideo Kojima as well as his friendships with other celebrities, has this nugget of information.

(Image Source: hdqwalls)

When asked about the Kojima Productions game on Friday, Norman Reedus, who starred in the first Death Stranding game, said he “just started the second one.”

Just in case there was any doubt, he repeated the statement a second time, but only after recounting how he first met Hideo Kojima, the director of Death Stranding.

As soon as Reedus said those six words, he went on to tell the story of how Guillermo Del Toro presented him to “a guy named Hideo Kojima” and how their collaboration managed to live the ill-fated Silent Hills project. He also talked about how his “digital DNA” was captured for the game, which he called a “complicated and beautiful” process.

He said “It took me maybe two or three years to finish all the MoCap sessions and everything. It takes a lot of work. And then the game came out, and it just won all these awards, and it was a huge thing, so we just started part two of that.”

(Image Source: wall.alphacoders)

It’s not really an official confirmation, but it’s not a complete shock either. His first post-Konami project, Death Stranding, starring Hollywood actors Mads Mikkelsen and Léa Seydoux and was released in the wake of his well-publicized departure from Konami. A director’s cut and a PC port of Death Stranding made the game a huge success, allowing it to grow even further.

In a tweet, Kojima said, “‘Go to your private room, my friend’ 👍😍,” Perhaps as a form of retribution, but it could also be a nod to Reedus’ character in Death Stranding, who has a “private space” he can access from various locations throughout the world.

Reedus hinted at a sequel to Death Stranding in 2020, so it’s not surprising that one will be made. However, the fact that it was revealed in such a casual and off-the-cuff way, “Oh yeah, by the way we’re doing another one,” in an interview that otherwise had nothing to do with video games, is unusual. Hideo Kojima’s phone conversation with Norman makes me curious if he’ll be making another one soon.

(Image Source: wallpapersden)

Prior to everyone starting their own theories about how Death Stranding’s story might continue, it is worth remembering that “second one” could allude to either another game he’s working on alongside Kojima or something else entirely.

The Summer Game Fest, which takes place next month, is a great opportunity for the game’s official announcement to be made.

%d bloggers like this: